Delia Creates. I followed her pattern measurements, and it just fits my son's 18 1/2 " head. It probably would have been nice to cut it a bit larger-but I figure it will fit him until we are out of the cold weather. Since the Sherpa fabric was fleece on one side and microsuede on the other, I didn't line the hat, and sewed most of the seams so they were on the outside. I like the look of the fleece peeking through. I rolled the fleece and sewed it down so the bottom edges would look more finished, and I did the same to the brim before attaching it. Since I didn't have to sew the lining, it worked up very quickly! I do like how it comes low in the back to cover his neck, and his ears will stay toasty warm. I left off the ties for now, but I'd like to find some matching twill tape to sew on so I can tie the flaps up if I want.
I thought he should have some matching mittens so I deconstructed a mitten to create the pattern for the ones in the picture. I did make a lot of changes to the mitten pattern, so I think I can post that for you without problem.
Now I just need to make him a jacket, scarf, boots, pants, and goggles!