Labels

Sherpa Bomber Hat and Gloves

I've been wanting to make my little buddy a bomber hat when I found some great Sherpa microfleece last year.  I've been searching for a simple bomber hat pattern I could use and finally found one at Delia Creates.  I followed her pattern measurements, and it just fits my son's 18 1/2 " head.  It probably would have been nice to cut it a bit larger-but I figure it will fit him until we are out of the cold weather.  Since the Sherpa fabric was fleece on one side and microsuede on the other, I didn't line the hat, and sewed most of the seams so they were on the outside.  I like the look of the fleece peeking through.  I rolled the fleece and sewed it down so the bottom edges would look more finished, and I did the same to the brim before attaching it.  Since I didn't have to sew the lining, it worked up very quickly!  I do like how it comes low in the back to cover his neck, and his ears will stay toasty warm.  I left off the ties for now, but I'd like to find some matching twill tape to sew on so I can tie the flaps up if I want. 
I thought he should have some matching mittens so I deconstructed a mitten to create the pattern for the ones in the picture.  I did make a lot of changes to the mitten pattern, so I think I can post that for you without problem.
 Now I just need to make him a jacket, scarf, boots, pants, and goggles!





No comments:

Post a Comment